Monday, February 11, 2008

Ready for the Rain?

Because it is coming our way... I will never complain about the rain in Texas, especially after the drought we went through recently. I am quickly trying to get my outdoor things done before it comes.

Several exciting things are taking place in the campaign. First, you have probably already seen the press release about being the first to file for Mayor. If not, I will post it here. My campaign Manager, Andrea Wright, her daughter and her Mom, Rosa Cross, all joined me as we waited for the doors to open at City Hall.

It was exciting to take the oath (picture on left) as I submitted my application. Leading a city of over 100,000, which we will shortly be, is a job that I take very seriously. I am honored that so many have placed their trust in my candidacy and I will work very hard to be your public servant.

I rushed from City hall to meet a citizen for a coffee to discuss several issues. As always, I enjoyed the meeting. The "short" meeting, which really was about an hour and a half long rolled right into another lunch-time meeting with a Frisco resident. Now you know why I have gained some weight :-) I really do enjoy enjoy meeting with our citizens as it is a great opportunity to offer insight about our city and also learn from the wealth of knowledge in our community.

On a personal note, Brandon, my son, took his written exam for his private pilot license. He recently turned 17 and has enough hours to receive his certification. That alone made my day a very happy day. Brandon recently flew his first cross-country solo flight and wrote about it. When I have a minute, I will place it on this blog. For now, you can find it here: http://www.group3txwing.org/content/0802/newsletter0802.htm (it is about 1/2 down the page, just search for Brandon Maso).

No comments: