Tuesday, February 5, 2008

February on a Roll

The campaign is really starting to pick up steam. I can tell when I am sending and receiving hundreds of e-mails with the Maher Maso for Mayor campaign team. Our large group is very active and you should start seeing visible signs of the activity all over Frisco. Now you see why we came up with the name TeamFrisco2008!

Tuesday, February 5th started out with a morning meeting at It's a grind with a concerned citizens group. I had to start very early so I could make the downtown merchants association meeting at the Chamber of Commerce at 8:30AM.

Several daytime meetings later, I made it home to spend some time with the family and then off to the City Council meeting. It was an interesting meeting, but one of the key things that caught my attention was the sexual offender ordinance that was being discussed by Council. I was disappointed, of course, that any new ordinance modification would grandfather those near parks and schools. I am studying this issue carefully and will attend the next Council meeting when it is brought up again.

No comments: