Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Day For All Ages

Tuesday was a very interesting day that covered a broad range of Frisco citizens. I thought the day would start off in a relaxed manner, but I ended up spending a lot of time on e-mail since we had a couple of issues crop up. We figured out we were not going to get those issues resolved, so I asked for a meeting at City Hall so we could get everyone in the same room.

Meanwhile, the first Mayor's Youth Council meeting was fast approaching at 11:30AM with a pre-meeting with the officers at 11:20AM. This year, we have a very large group of teens involved in the MYC and it is going to be an exciting year for our City. The MYC officers did a great job getting everyone involved and I look forward to a great year working alongside them.

I finished the MYC meeting and quickly ran next door to the Frisco Senior Center for the National Night Out Kick-Off Party. We had many of our police and fire department personal in attendance and I enjoyed visiting with the seniors. Mayor Pro Tem Tony Felker helped get things started in my absence. I wish I could have stayed for lunch, but I had to rush off too...

Corbell Elementary to visit the children that were involved in the "Wild Walk". This fundraiser is put on by the PTA and the kids either walked or ran laps during their PE class to earn money for activities. Rufus, our Environmental Services Mascot, was also there. I think he was in more pictures than I was :-) Cindi Wright, who chaired the Wild Walk and Christy Reese, the environmental chair, did a great job. Of course, the teachers also were very involved and the kids had a great time.

So, in the space of two hours, I was able to visit our High-School Teens, Our Seniors and our Elementary kids. Now you understand why I chose the title that I did!

After the visit to Corbell, I drove back to City Hall for the meeting that was set up earlier in the day followed by some office work and then home to get ready for National Night Out.

National Night Out was a huge success! I do not have the final numbers yet, but I know we had well over 120 neighborhood block parties in Frisco. I wish I could have visited every one of them, but time would not allow that. For those that I did get to visit with, thank you for taking the time to make Frisco a better place!

Okay, I better get off of here as the e-mails are still coming in...

No comments: