Friday, May 2, 2008

Grateful for the Support and Endorsements

I just wanted to take a moment and again thank all my supporters and volunteers for their hard work on my behalf and on behalf of the future of Frisco. I can't put into words how much your friendship and support has meant to my family. I know you may have been reading about the ethics complaints about my opponent and you have probably seen his response basically blaming me, my campaign team and my volunteers. His attack does not warrant a response, period.


I do, however, want to make sure you know how much I appreciate you and your help. As we have discussed over the last several months, I want you to continue to focus on the issues at hand, which is managing our growth, keeping taxes low, building needed roads and infrastructure and public safety. We know we are running a campaign focused on making Frisco the best place to live and we are talking about what we have to offer.

I AM PROUD OF YOU AND YOUR EFFORTS AND CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH. DO NOT LET ANYONE DRAG YOU INTO THEIR PROBLEMS!

To that end, I thought I would throw out some facts and figures about the campaign so that everyone can see what we have accomplished together!

-- To date, we have approximately 400 active volunteers!
-- We have received approximately 235 financial donations to date! THANK YOU - We could not run an effective campaign without your support.
-- We have attended over 30 meet and greets in the homes of Frisco citizens (THANK YOU!!) At times, we have had two or three on one day (now you know why I have been behind on answering e-mails and voicemails). I have learned many things from our citizens on how they would like our City to grow.
-- We have over 1700 small signs placed in the front yards of Frisco voters and over 100 on the waiting list. THANK YOU!
-- We have approximately 68 large 4x4 signs out with permission!
-- We have over 300 Maso for Mayor shirts being worn around town.
-- We have over 20 magnetic signs on cars and another 100 window stickers.

-- Our kick-off party had approximately 750 friends and supporters in attendance

-- Our sign-making party had over 50 volunteers come to my home and put together the signs in a record time!

-- Our campaign rally/fundraiser at the Founders Club at the Dr Pepper Ballpark was at capacity with over 150 people in attendance

-- The debates were attended by numerous supporters in red shirts and we clearly have your support.

-- The campaign team and supporters have attended too many events to list, including several golf tournaments, HOA meetings and Events, City Functions, Meet the Candidate and other public events (and we are not finished yet!) Our team has done a great job getting out in the community with our message.

We have been endorsed by the Dallas Morning News, The Frisco Enterprise and the Collin County Association of Realtors. Click on the names above to see what they wrote!




We also appreciate the hundreds of citizens who have come to us with their support and provided their endorsement of our campaign. I appreciate you and my entire campaign team appreciates you. Together, we will continue to make Frisco the best place to live.



No comments: